I know of only one business model that is any easier, quicker, or cheaper to plan and implement than the solo home business online for creating an information business – and this business type would be infinitely improved if it borrowed the attributes and characteristics of the Internet small business operator.
I’ll explain in a moment.
But first, I wanted to ask you a very personal question: “Will there ever be a better time to get serious about launching that business idea you’ve been thinking about . . . than right now?”
For most of us, life never stands still. It moves forward at a quickening pace and presents new challenges and circumstances for each of us to deal with every day.
My own experience is that I often push important tasks, but those that are not time-critical, into the future and reserve them for an unknown, but surely “better” time in my day, week, year, life – well, you get the point.
Some of my procrastinations include getting into better physical shape, taking that long-awaited cruise with my wife, arranging some lessons to improve my golf game, and writing my personal history.
Today, I have too much to do to worry about these non-essential (to the moment) endeavors; my life is too cluttered with loose ends everywhere that I must complete before tackling a new major new undertaking like starting a business.
The demands of my work, family, hobby, or “chores” at home always take precedence over getting serious about accomplishing my dreams.
Starting a new business falls well within the category of most people’s unfulfilled dreams.
Did you know that starting and owning a small business has “officially” replaced owning a home as the new American Dream?
Let me offer a few suggestions as to why you should become a home business owner today:
1. The timing has never been better, the price tag has never been cheaper, the tools have never been more readily accessible, the knowledge and instruction has never been more precise and easy to learn, the potential customers have never been easier to locate or contact, and the business strategy has never been more risk-free than it is right now! Do you really need any more reasons than that?
Well, OK, here are a few more.
2. You can begin this journey without negatively upsetting your present daily routine if you plan things correctly.
You don’t have to quit your day job (in fact, I highly recommend against doing that in the very beginning.)
3. You don’t have to move, or hire anyone, or purchase inventory, or rent a building, or any of the other usual cash-guzzling business start-up activities that would have been necessary just a few years ago.
4. If you don’t set your mind and will in motion at some point, like today, the dream may fade, the desire may wane, and the opportunity may disappear.
Who can predict what challenges, events, or circumstances will control our lives tomorrow?
5. Each day you put off getting started means one more day you are held back from enjoying the fruits of your business labors.
6. The online business model for your home based business is built upon the foundation of subjects and activities that you find interesting, enjoyable, stimulating, or refreshing.
This is not something you should dread or postpone like visiting the doctor or doing your taxes!
7. Creating a business can be very energizing!
The human spirit longs to be challenged and renewed, especially through new beginnings.
Starting off the new year with fresh goals, that first day at the new job, excitement about the future when you are first married, and moving into a new home and neighborhood are all examples of “beginnings” that help to invigorate our spirits and elevate the soul.
At these times in our lives we can leave the past behind and look positively and brightly toward the future that is in our hands.
Did you know there is a growing population of “serial entrepreneurs,” those who thrive on creating one new business after another because the very process stimulates their minds, bodies, hearts, and personal sense of adventure and accomplishment?
I will tell you from my own experience that there is a time when you, as a potential business owner, must throw off self-doubt, excuses, and the shackles of procrastination.
Sure, you may not have all the answers today, you may feel somewhat unprepared, or lacking in business skills . . . but at some point you just have to charge ahead and learn as you go.
Why not do it today?
Oh yes, I was going to tell you about the one business strategy that you can start quicker than all others. It is the affiliate or associate programs business.
You can earn money by simply directing customers to other people’s web sites and products.
There are more than a few entrepreneurs that make sizable incomes doing this, but I will tell you that 95% of all affiliates make next to nothing.
To your online business success,